Don Pritchard's Memory
Don Pritchard, ECE Shipping & Receiving clerk, began working for the department on April 9, 1947. He was the first ECE staffer to work in the new Everitt Laboratory, and he remembers student hot-spots like Louie Hodges' Billiards on 6th Street and Pren's on Goodwin. Pren's featured a goldfish pond in front, and often after a Saturday night fight the goldfish would share the pond with a drunken student.
In these pages, Don does some sharing of his own--telling his memories of the area of campus around Everitt Lab.
Chuck Henderson, supervisor of the Machine Shop, has worked for the ECE department for 22 years since coming over from the chemistry department. Chuck is interested in local history and recently purchased some old postcards, postmarked between 1908 and 1913, that convey a sense of the changes that have taken place over the years in the area surrounding Everitt Lab.
Courtesy of Chuck, some of the postcards appear in these pages along with Don's memories of the neighborhood.