Academic Programs Coordinator
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) at the University of Illinois seeks to fill a full-time Academic Programs Coordinator position. The primary function of this position is to coordinate the administrative functions of the ECE Department’s academic programs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Coordinate administrative process of faculty course assignments each term and track effort.
- Coordinate placement of Teaching Assistants and graders each term.
- Coordinate administrative process for graduate student recruitment and events.
- Coordinate administrative process for Fellowship/Scholarship/Awards to ECE students including related events.
- Coordinate graduate student petitions for processing by Graduate Committee.
- Maintain and recommend policies related to graduate student academic success.
- Maintain outcomes assessments and data analysis for the department’s graduate programs.
- Represent ECE Department on relevant campus committees and working groups.
- Supervise clerical staff.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree plus three years of experience in administrative or operational support capacity in a higher education setting. The successful candidate must have strong organizational and analytical skills and a background in management/supervision of staff, strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work with students from diverse backgrounds. Successful candidates will demonstrate technical skill with student information systems/databases, such as Banner STC, and will possess experience managing multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
This is a 12-month, non-tenured academic professional appointment with applicable University benefits. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Interviews may take place before the official closing date, but no decision will be made until after the closing date.
Applications must be received by 05/13/2011. Starting date will be as soon as possible after the closing date. To ensure full consideration, Please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your resume and cover letter by the close date. All requested information including the names and contact information of three professional references must be submitted for your application to be considered.
For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact Brandi Pulleyblank, email@example.com or 333-9698.