Jana Messerschmidt is vice president of global business development and platform at Twitter.
Alumni in the News
Catch up with news from ECE ILLINOIS alumni. Read their answers to our serious and fun questions in Ten Answers, and about their careers in Field Report. To submit your own news, visit our Stay Connected page to get in touch.
- Timothy Davis joins Texas A&M Computer Science and Engineering faculty
- Tom Kundmann named assistant vice president of product development at Shure
- Tim Graff named Appleton Group vice president of engineering
- Andy Lowery named president of DAQRI
- Glaser joins Efficient Power Conversion as director of applications engineering
- Jandhyala named vice provost of UW's Center for Commercialization
- Linda Reinhard recruited to head Sales/Marketing at Penton
- Varshney earns honorary doctorate from Drexel University
- Verdu elected to National Academy of Sciences
- Alumnus Fuchs elected to American Academy of Arts and Sciences
Mike McCoy (BSEE '01) is an entrepreneur and consultant. He is currently founder and managing partner of The Startup Strategy Group, a consulting firm that focuses on building businesses around technologies that are developed at federal and university labs.
Sundari Mitra (MSEE '88) is CEO and founder of NetSpeed Systems, a startup developing Network-on-Chip technology to solve the problem of data gridlock on standard chips.
As managing director of the TiE LaunchPad, Prashant Shah puts budding entrepreneurs in touch with the contacts and capital they need to establish fully fledged enterprise-level startups.
From Officer Friendly to Mickey Mouse—Mark Andersen’s engineering career has always been about character.
Resonance is published twice a year for alumni and friends of the department.
- The Data Deluge: Illinois researchers look for big breakthroughs in Big Data
- Neural Regeneration: Stents could guide the growth of neurons in the cerebral cortex
- Tiny Laser Gives Big Boost: Laser transmits error-free data over fiber optic networks
- Making Reality of Virtual Reality: Making virtual reality a consumer-ready reality
- DNA Sensing: Blood test provides the key to your genetic code
See the current issue of Resonance.