Margaret Boehle (BSEE '11) is an electrical engineer at POWER Engineers in Fort Worth, Texas, where she does consulting work for utility power companies in the field of transmission substation design.
Alumni in the News
Catch up with news from ECE ILLINOIS alumni. Read their answers to our serious and fun questions in Ten Answers, and about their careers in Field Report. To submit your own news, visit our Stay Connected page to get in touch.
- Mark Hersam wins MacArthur fellowship
- Bruce Thomas appointed vice president of investor relations at Encore Capital
- Timothy Davis joins Texas A&M Computer Science and Engineering faculty
- Tom Kundmann named assistant vice president of product development at Shure
- Tim Graff named Appleton Group vice president of engineering
- Andy Lowery named president of DAQRI
- Glaser joins Efficient Power Conversion as director of applications engineering
- Jandhyala named vice provost of UW's Center for Commercialization
- Linda Reinhard recruited to head Sales/Marketing at Penton
- Varshney earns honorary doctorate from Drexel University
Jana Messerschmidt is vice president of global business development and platform at Twitter.
Mike McCoy (BSEE '01) is an entrepreneur and consultant. He is currently founder and managing partner of The Startup Strategy Group, a consulting firm that focuses on building businesses around technologies that are developed at federal and university labs.
Andy Lowery was on track to earning a comfortable executive position at Raytheon. However, he left to be president of up-and-coming augmented reality company DAQRI, because he believes its technology could change the world.
Sundari Mitra (MSEE '88) is CEO and founder of NetSpeed Systems, a startup developing Network-on-Chip technology to solve the problem of data gridlock on standard chips.
As managing director of the TiE LaunchPad, Prashant Shah puts budding entrepreneurs in touch with the contacts and capital they need to establish fully fledged enterprise-level startups.
Resonance is published twice a year for alumni and friends of the department.
- Catching Fire: Igniting the entrepreneurial spirit in students
- Nano Lab: Intel donations equipment for new nanotechnology lab
- Scroll and Click With your Eyes: Game-changer in eye-tracking research at ECE ILLINOIS
- Pocket-Sized Tech, Big Implications: Exploring how mobile devices can reveal information about their owners
- Priceless Images: Imaging Lab sheds new light on the life of a cell
See the current issue of Resonance.