ECE ILLINOIS alum and swarm robotics expert Aaron Becker dishes on subjects ranging from his favorite book to his worst fear.
Alumni in the News
Catch up with news from ECE ILLINOIS alumni. Read their answers to our serious and fun questions in Ten Answers, and about their careers in Field Report. To submit your own news, visit our Stay Connected page to get in touch.
- Peter Fox-Penner joins LRI Energy Solutions board of directors
- Alum-founded messaging service Haptik raises $1M
- Davis' software package added to NVIDIA's library
- Fuchs confirmed as next president of University of Florida
- Herb named to Micrel's Board of Directors
- Mitra's startup completes Series B financing
- Joseph Beatty appointed to Single Touch board of directors
- Mark Hersam wins MacArthur fellowship
- Bruce Thomas appointed vice president of investor relations at Encore Capital
- Timothy Davis joins Texas A&M Computer Science and Engineering faculty
Margaret Boehle (BSEE '11) is an electrical engineer at POWER Engineers in Fort Worth, Texas, where she does consulting work for utility power companies in the field of transmission substation design.
Jana Messerschmidt is vice president of global business development and platform at Twitter.
Alumna Hillery Hunter (BSEE ’99, MSEE ’02, PhD ’04) thinks about engineering the same way that she, as an accomplished pianist, approaches the whites and ebony sharps.
Prith Banerjee (MSEE '83, PhD '85), a distinguished academic and founder of two succesful startups, now manages Accenture's global R&D team of five R&D facilities and hundreds of analysts and researchers.
Andy Lowery was on track to earning a comfortable executive position at Raytheon. However, he left to be president of up-and-coming augmented reality company DAQRI, because he believes its technology could change the world.
Resonance is published twice a year for alumni and friends of the department.
- Catching Fire: Igniting the entrepreneurial spirit in students
- Nano Lab: Intel donations equipment for new nanotechnology lab
- Scroll and Click With your Eyes: Game-changer in eye-tracking research at ECE ILLINOIS
- Pocket-Sized Tech, Big Implications: Exploring how mobile devices can reveal information about their owners
- Priceless Images: Imaging Lab sheds new light on the life of a cell
See the current issue of Resonance.