Primary Research Area
PhD Applied Physics Cornell University 1971
- Development of Novel Field Emission Display based on Copper Nanowires
- Development of Methods for Fabricating Uniform Micro and Nano Spheres and Capsules of Biodegradable and Biocompatible Materials for Application to Biotechnology
- Design of Microparticles for Precision Drug Delivery
- Investigation of Methods for Controlled Fabrication of Thin Films and Nanoparticles Using Charged Liquid Cluster Beams of Precursor Solutions
- Syntheses and Study of Tailored Organometallic, Inorganic and Polymeric Precursors for Sol-Gel Processing, Charged Liquid Cluster Beam Deposition and Chemical Vapor Deposition
- Investigation of Novel Approaches to Fabricating Micro and Nanoscale Structures for Development of New Devices for Lighting, Display, and Power Storage
- Nanowire & Nanotube Interconnect Technology for 3D ICs
- Precision Particle Fabrication: The Targeted Delivery of Microsphere Encapsulated Aminobisphosphonates for Treating Autoimmune and Neoplastic Diseases of The Mononuclear Phagocytic System
- Tissue Engineered Scaffolds with Imbedded Microspheres to Improve Bone and Soft Tissue Healing Through Controlled Delivery of Growth Factors
- Development of High Power Electronic Devices Based on III-V Nitride Semiconductors Using Plasma Assisted Molecular Beam Epitaxy
- Energy storage conversion, management, and control
- Semiconductor electronic devices
Selected Articles in Journals
- Hui-Chan Seo,Ivan Petrov,Hyejin Jeong,Patrick Chapman,and Kyekyoon Kim, "Elastic buckling of AlN ribbons on elastomeric substrate," Applied Physics Letters 94, 092104 (2009)
- Young Bin Choy, Hyungsoo Choi, Kyekyoon Kim, "Uniform Ethyl Cellulose Microspheres of Controlled Sizes and Polymer Viscosities and Their Drug-Release Profiles," Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Vol. 112, 850-857 (2009)
- Hui-Chan Seo,Patrick Chapman,Hyun-Ick Cho,Jung-Hee Lee,and Kyekyoon(Kevin) Kim,"Ti-based nonalloyed Ohmic contacts for Al0.15Ga0.85N/GaN high electron mobility transistors using regrown n+-GaN by plasma assisted molecular beam epitaxy," APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS 93, 102102, 2008.
- Young Bin Choy, Felice Cheng, Hyungsoo Choi, and Kyekyoon (Kevin) Kim, "Uniform chitosan microspheres for potential applications to colon-specific drug delivery," Macromolecular Bioscience, DOI: 10.1002/mabi.200800079, 2008.
- Young Bin Choy, Felice Cheng, Hyungsoo Choi, and Kyekyoon (Kevin) Kim, "Monodisperse gelatin microspheres as a drug delivery vehicle: Release profile and effect of cross-linking density," Macromolecular Bioscience,8, 758-765, 2008.
- ECE Faculty Outstanding Teaching Award, 2004.
- Nominated for the ECE Faculty Outstanding Teaching Award, 1999
- Industry's Directory of Technical Consultants
- Who's Who in Frontier Science and Technology
- Who's Who in the Midwest
- International Who's Who in Engineering
- International Who's Who in Energy and Nuclear Sciences
- American Men and Women in Science
- Who's Who in Technology Today
- Member, Advisory Committee, College of Engineering, Seoul National University, March 1, 2006 - present
- Outstanding Poster Presentation Award, Controlled Release Society Annual Meeting, 2005
- Arnold O. Beckman Research Award, University of Illinois, December 2005.
- Outstanding Consumer & Diversified Product Paper Award, Controlled Release Society Annual Meeting, 2004.
- Outstanding Poster Presentation Award, Controlled Release Society Annual Meeting, 2003
- Overseas Member, National Academy of Engineering, Korea, 2002
- Member, U. S. Delegate to International Atomic Energy Agency Meetings, 1993
- Member, National Science Foundation Advisory Committee for Electrical and Communications Division, 1991-1993
- Member, National Science Foundation Advisory Committee of Visitors, 1990 & 1993
- Best Paper Award, Nuclear Division, American Ceramic Society 92nd Annual Meeting, 1990
- Japanese Government Award for Foreign Specialist, 1989 (Awarded by the Science and Technology Agency of Japan)
- Member, U. S. Delegate to International Atomic Energy Agency Meeting Gut Ising, Upper Bavaria, Fed. Rep. of Germany, Oct. 24-26, 1988.
- Beckman Research Award, 1985 (University of Illinois)