- Ph.D., Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA 2006.
- M.S., Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA 2003.
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Iran 1999.
For more information
Statistical Signal Processing and Information Theory with Applications to Network Inference and Computer, Communication and Multimedia Security.
Selected Articles in Journals
- S. Kadloor, X. Gong, N. Kiyavash, and P. Venkitasubramaniam, "Designing Router Scheduling Policies: A Privacy Perspective," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, pages 2001-2012, Vol. 60, No. 4, 2012.
- S. K. Gorantla, S. Kadloor, N. Kiyavash, T.P. Coleman, I. Moskowitz, and M. Kang, "Characterizing the Efficacy of the NRL Network Pump in Mitigating Covert Timing Channels," IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, pages 64-75, Vol. 7, No. 1, 2011.
- C. Quinn, T. Coleman, N. Kiyavash, and N. Hatsopoulos, "Estimating the Directed Information to Infer Causal Relationships in Ensemble Neural Spike Train Recordings," Journal of Computational Neuroscience, pages. 1- 28, 2010.
- D. Uhlig, N. Kiyavash, and N. Neogi, "Fault Tolerant Triangulation in Distributed Aircraft Networks with Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcast (ADS-B)," International Journal of Systems, Control and Communications (IJSCC) Special Issue on: "Information Processing and Decision Making in Distributed Control Systems," pages 298-324, Vol. 2, No. 1, 2010.
- N. Kiyavash, P. Moulin, and T. Kalker, "Regular Simplex Fingerprints and Their Optimality Proper-ties," IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, pages 318-329, Vol. 4, No. 3, 2009.
- N. Kiyavash, P. Moulin, "Performance of Orthogonal Fingerprinting Codes under Worst-case Noise," IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, pages 293-301, Vol. 4, No. 3, 2009.
- I. Duursma, N. Kiyavash, "The Vector Decomposition Problem for Elliptic and Hyperelliptic Curves," Journal of the Ramanujan Mathematical Society, pages 59-76, Vol. 20, No. 1, 2005.
- NSF Career Award (2011)
- AFOSR YIP (2010)
Best Student Paper Award (ICASSP 2006).