Primary Research Area
- Remote Sensing and Space Science
Ph.D., Astronomy and Space Physics, Boston University, 2004.
- Development of optical and radar remote sensing techniques
- Computational modeling of radiative processes
- Space plasma diagnostics
- Engineering Council Award for Excellence in Advising, UIUC (2013)
- List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent by Their Students, UIUC (2011)
- Keynote Speaker, The Gordon Lecture, Cornell University (2013)
- NSF CEDAR Postdoctoral Award (2004-2006)
- Outstanding Student Paper Award, American Geophysical Union (1997)
- Boston University Trustee's Scholar (1993-1997)
Public Service Honors
- Member, NSF CEDAR Science Steering Committee, 2007-2009.
- Arecibo Observatory Users and Scientific Advisory Committee, Chair (2012-2014), Member (2010)