Ph.D., Computer Science, University of California, Berkeley, 2007
- Simplifying management and improving reliability of distributed systems and networks through principles of self-organization and self-diagnosis, with an emphasis on wide-are networks and networked systems.
- My research focuses on the design, analysis, and implementation of distributed systems and networks on the extremely large scale, with an emphasis on network operations, measurement, and availability. I am particularly interested in improving availability and performance of the Internet infrastructure, including routing, DNS, and data centers.
- Communication networks
- Computer architecture
- Computer security, privacy, and information trust
- Operating systems
- Parallel processing
- CS 438 - Communication Networks
- CS 498 - Networking Lab
- CS 498 - Special Topics
- CS 591 - Advanced Seminar
- CS 591 - Systems and Networking Seminar
- CS 597 - Individual Study
- CS 598 - Network Security
- ECE 438 - Communication Networks