- Ph.D. Physics, Stanford University, 2013
- Postdoctoral Scholar, Caltech, 2013-2016
- Senior Research Scientist, Caltech, 2016-2017
Post-Doctoral Research Opportunities
Our group has an opening for postdoctoral researcher with background in photonics at large, and ideally with micro- and nano-fabrication experiences. Please contact Prof. Fang (email@example.com) for more details.
Graduate Research Opportunities
We welcome highly motivated students to join our group. Our research cross-fertilizes ideas and techniques from several fields of science and engineering including nanophotonics, NEMS, and quantum optics, and offers rich opportunities for graduate researchers to be trained in device physics, fabrication, and testing. Incoming or interested students should contact Prof. Fang (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a complete CV, accompanied by a short paragraph highlighting relevant practical experience and coursework.
- Nanophotonic devices
- Quantum photonics
- Nonlinear photonics
- Electromagnetics and Optics
- Microelectromechanical systems (MEMS)
- Microelectronics and Photonics
- Nano-electro mechanical systems (NEMS)
- Photonic crystals
- Photonic integrated circuits (PICs)
- Quantum nanostructures for electronics and photonics
Selected Articles in Journals
- K. Fang, J. Luo, A. Metelmann, M. H. Matheny, F. Marquardt, A. A. Clerk, and O. Painter, “Generalized nonreciprocity in an optomechanical circuit via synthetic magnetism and reservoir engineering”, Nature Physics 13, 465–471 (2017).
- K. Fang, M. H. Matheny, X. Luan, and O. Painter, “Optical transduction and routing of microwave phonons in cavity-optomechanical circuits”, Nature Photonics 10, 489-496 (2016).
- K. Fang, Z. Yu, and S. Fan, “Realizing effective magnetic field for photons by controlling the phase of dynamic modulation”, Nature Photonics 6, 782-787 (2012).
- K. Fang, Z. Yu, and S. Fan, “Photonic Aharonov-Bohm effect based on dynamic modulation", Physical Review Letters 108 153901 (2012).
- K. Fang, V. M. Acosta, C. Santori, Z. Huang, K. M. Itoh, H. Watanabi, S. Shikata, and R. G. Beausoleil, "High-sensitivity magnetometry based on quantum beats in diamond nitrogen-vacancy centers", Physical Review Letters 110, 130802 (2013).
- K. Fang and S. Fan, "Controlling the flow of light using inhomogeneous effective gauge field that emerges from dynamic modulation", Physical Review Letters 111, 203901 (2013).