Steven S. Lumetta
Primary Research Area
- Software systems
Ph.D., Computer Science, University of California at Berkeley, December 1998
For more information
Post-Doctoral Research Opportunities
If the MRI is funded, there are three positions for people to develop the instrument, and I intend to find postdocs to fill those positions. The intent is to use the MRI as a catalyst for interdisciplinary research efforts around computational genomics, so these postdocs will be able to help with those efforts and participate in them part time (% for some of the positions ramps down later in the project based on assumption of moving part of their time over to research efforts).
optical network architecture, computer architecture, cluster computing, parallel computing, user-level communication, validation and reliability
- Incomplete List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent, Spring 2002 (497SSL ... grad class back then)
- Collins Fellow (from the COE Academy for Excellence in Engineering Education), 2000, 2001, 2002.
- GE Scholar (from the College of Engineering Teaching College), 1999
- NSF Faculty Early Career Development Award, 2000
- Best Student Paper Award, SC97: High-Performance Networking and Computing
- NSF Graduate Fellowship, 1991-1995
Public Service Honors
Member of the Center for Excellence in Education's Chicago Board of Directors (one of the Center's programs is an outreach program intended to encourage inner-city youth to pursue further education).