Graduate Student Awards
Note: All awards listed on this page are given exclusively to students registered at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
*Must be nominated for marked awards.
Electrical and Computer Engineering Awards
- John Bardeen Memorial Graduate Research Award
- Robert T. Chien Memorial Award
- P. D. Coleman Outstanding Research Award
- Grainger Power Engineering Awards
- Nick and Katherine Holonyak, Jr. Graduate Student Award
- Yuen T. Lo Outstanding Research Award
- Raj Mittra Outstanding Research Award
- *Harold L. Olesen Award
- Lieutenant General Thomas M. Rienzi Graduate Award
- Gregory Stillman Semiconductor Research Award
- Timothy N. Trick Leadership Award
- M. E. Van Valkenburg Graduate Research Award
- Yi-Min Wang and Pi-Yu Chung Research Award
- Andrew T. Yang Research Award
Ross J. Martin Memorial Award - This award was established by the college to recognize outstanding research achievement by a graduate student in the College of Engineering as a memorial to Ross J. Martin, associate dean of the college, who served as director of the Engineering Experiment Station for 26 years, until his death in 1984. During his tenure as director, the engineering research budget grew eightfold. Dean Martin realized how essential research is to a sound graduate engineering education and was instrumental in making this college one of the foremost research institutions in the world. This award is a tribute to his guidance and to the outstanding research conducted in this college.