Henneman Scholarship in Electrical and Computer EngineeringEstablished 1986
This scholarship was set up by Ralph J. Henneman and Michael J. Henneman through their company, Henneman Engineering, Inc. Engineers and Architects in Champaign and Chicago, Illinois to provide financial support to an outstanding undergraduate in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
This scholarship is given annually to recognize and reward an outstanding junior or senior who has demonstrated an interest in power distribution.
- You must be a student at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, enrolled in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- The recipient shall be an active undergraduate in good standing.
- The recipient shall have attained a junior or a senior status as determined by the engineering college.
- The recipient shall have a minimum 3.0 academic average (out of possible 4.0) for all the previous semesters of school work.
- The recipient shall be studying in the academic field of power distribution in the Electrical Engineering Department.
Professor Peter Sauer is the faculty member selected to act as liaison with the College of Engineering. He works with the faculty and department administration to select the recipient in September from application forms collected from students who have demonstrated an interest in power engineering.
The scholarship carries a stipend of $1500. The recipient is recognized at the annual ECE Award Banquet in April.
PAST RECIPIENTS OF THE AWARD:
Year Recipients 2013-2014 Henry Pierce 2012-2013 Anish Chivukula 2010-2011 Matthew Artus 2009-2010 Xichen Jiang 2008-2009 Brett Robbins 2006-2007 Gregory Eakins 2005-2006 Scott Donahue 2004-2005 Matthew Hendrickson 2003-2004 Daisy Chen 2002-2003 None in ECE 2001-2002 Patrick C. Toops 2000-2001 None in ECE 1999-2000 Alexandra Mandl 1998-1999 Eric Cunningham 1997-1998 None in ECE 1996-1997 Brian Borchers 1994-1995 Jeff Foster 1993-1994 John Garbe 1992-1993 Raymond Klump 1991-1992 Robert Barisch 1990-1991 None in ECE 1989-1990 Christopher Kulig 1988-1989 Katherine Monte 1987-1988 None in ECE 1986-1987 Alex Courson