Primary Research Area
- Microelectronics and Photonics - Physical Electronics
For more information
- PhD Applied Physics Cornell University 1971
- Development of Novel Field Emission Display based on Copper Nanowires
- Development of Methods for Fabricating Uniform Micro and Nano Spheres and Capsules of Biodegradable and Biocompatible Materials for Application to Biotechnology
- Design of Microparticles for Precision Drug Delivery
- Investigation of Methods for Controlled Fabrication of Thin Films and Nanoparticles Using Charged Liquid Cluster Beams of Precursor Solutions
- Syntheses and Study of Tailored Organometallic, Inorganic and Polymeric Precursors for Sol-Gel Processing, Charged Liquid Cluster Beam Deposition and Chemical Vapor Deposition
- Investigation of Novel Approaches to Fabricating Micro and Nanoscale Structures for Development of New Devices for Lighting, Display, and Power Storage
- Nanowire & Nanotube Interconnect Technology for 3D ICs
- Precision Particle Fabrication: The Targeted Delivery of Microsphere Encapsulated Aminobisphosphonates for Treating Autoimmune and Neoplastic Diseases of The Mononuclear Phagocytic System
- Tissue Engineered Scaffolds with Imbedded Microspheres to Improve Bone and Soft Tissue Healing Through Controlled Delivery of Growth Factors
- Development of High Power Electronic Devices Based on III-V Nitride Semiconductors Using Plasma Assisted Molecular Beam Epitaxy
- Energy storage conversion, management, and control
- Semiconductor electronic devices
Selected Articles in Journals
- In-Yong Kim, Hyungsoo Choi, Kyekyoon (Kevin) Kim, "Improved survival of anchorage-dependent cells in core-shell hydrogel microcapsules via co-encapsulation with cell-friendly microspheres," Journal of Microencapsulation, accepted for publication (2017)
- In-Yong Kim, Elizabeth Joachim, Hyungsoo Choi, Kyekyoon (Kevin) Kim, "Toxicity of silica nanoparticles depends on size, dose, and cell type," Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology, and Medicine. (2015) DOI: 10.1016/j.nano.2015.03.004, NANO-01098; No of Pages 10.
- Liang Pang, Kyekyoon (Kevin) Kim, "Improvement of Ohmic contacts to n-type GaN using a Ti/Al multi-layered contact scheme," Materials Science in Semiconductor Processing, Volume 29, January 2015, Pages 90–94.
- Elizabeth Joachim, Il-Doo Kim, Yinchuan Jin, Kyekyoon (Kevin) Kim, Ja-Kyeong Lee and Hyungsoo Choi,"Gelatin nanoparticles enhance the neuroprotective effects of intranasally administered osteopontin in rat ischemic stroke model,"Drug Deliv. and Transl. Res. (2014) 4:395–399; DOI 10.1007/s13346-014-0208-9
- Philip Edward Heil, Hyunmin Kang, Hyungsoo Choi, and Kyekyoon(Kevin) Kim,"Effects of controlled surface treatment on titanium dioxide electrode nanostructure for dye-sensitized solar cells,” Appl. Phys. A 112(2013) 371-380.
- Liang Pang, H.-C. Seo, K. Kim,"Transfer printing of flexible hybrid inductor-capacitor filters via pre-etched silicon-on-insulator mother wafer, "Appl. Phys. Lett., 101, 063113 (2012).
- In-Yong Kim, P.L.Pusey,Y. Zhao, S.S. Korban, H. Choi, K. Kim,"Controlled release of Pantoea agglomerans E325 for biocontrol of fire blight disease of apple," J. Controlled Release,161(2012) 109-115; doi:10.1016/j.j conrel.2012.03.028 (2012).
- ECE Faculty Outstanding Teaching Award, 2004.
- Nominated for the ECE Faculty Outstanding Teaching Award, 1999
- Industry's Directory of Technical Consultants
- Who's Who in Frontier Science and Technology
- Who's Who in the Midwest
- International Who's Who in Engineering
- International Who's Who in Energy and Nuclear Sciences
- American Men and Women in Science
- Who's Who in Technology Today
- Member, Advisory Committee, College of Engineering, Seoul National University, March 1, 2006 - present
- Outstanding Poster Presentation Award, Controlled Release Society Annual Meeting, 2005
- Arnold O. Beckman Research Award, University of Illinois, December 2005.
- Outstanding Consumer & Diversified Product Paper Award, Controlled Release Society Annual Meeting, 2004.
- Outstanding Poster Presentation Award, Controlled Release Society Annual Meeting, 2003
- Overseas Member, National Academy of Engineering, Korea, 2002
- Member, U. S. Delegate to International Atomic Energy Agency Meetings, 1993
- Member, National Science Foundation Advisory Committee for Electrical and Communications Division, 1991-1993
- Member, National Science Foundation Advisory Committee of Visitors, 1990 & 1993
- Best Paper Award, Nuclear Division, American Ceramic Society 92nd Annual Meeting, 1990
- Japanese Government Award for Foreign Specialist, 1989 (Awarded by the Science and Technology Agency of Japan)
- Member, U. S. Delegate to International Atomic Energy Agency Meeting Gut Ising, Upper Bavaria, Fed. Rep. of Germany, Oct. 24-26, 1988.
- Beckman Research Award, 1985 (University of Illinois)
- BIOE 297 - Individual Study
- BIOE 497 - Individual Study
- ECE 329 - Fields and Waves I
- ECE 340 - Semiconductor Electronics