Ravishankar K. Iyer
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, University of Queensland, 1977
Reliable and secure networks and systems, Measurement and modeling, Dependability and security validation and benchmarking, reliable biomedical monitoring, computing for genomics research.
- Computer security, privacy, and information trust
- Fault tolerance and reliability
- Networking and distributed computing
- System modeling and measurement
Humboldt Foundation Senior Distinguished US Scientist Award "in recognition of scientific achievement in research and teaching," 1991
- College of Engineering 1994, 1996 and 2001 List for Advising Excellence Award, University of Illinois
- IBM Faculty Award, 1998, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2014
- AIAA Distinguished Service Award, 1997
- Best Paper Award for "FAMAS: Fault Modeling via Adaptive Simulation," H. Jin, R.K. Iyer, M.C. Hsueh, and M. Covington, 10th International Conference on VLSI Design, 1997.
- Best Paper Award for "Analyze-NOW--An Environment for Collection and Analysis of Failures in a Network of Workstations," A. Thakur and R. K. Iyer, International Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering, 1996.
- IEEE Computer Society 1995 commemorative volume highlighting the best papers of the past 25 years in fault-tolerant computing: "A Statistical Load Dependency Model for CPU Errors at SLAC," R. K. Iyer and D. J. Rossetti (1982) and "Simulation of Software Behavior under Hardware Faults," K. Goswami and R. K. Iyer (1993).
- Information Systems Award and Medal "for fundamental and pioneering contributions toward the design, evaluation and validation of dependable aerospace computing systems", American Institute for Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA), 1993
- Associate Fellow, American Institute for Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA), 1992
- Humboldt Foundation Senior US Scientist Award for Excellence in Research and Teaching, 1991
- Senior Humboldt Award, 1991
- Fellow, Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), 2005
- Fellow, IEEE, 1990
- Distinguished Visitor of the IEEE Computer Society, 1989-present
- Keynote Address, International Conference on Computing Systems and Information Technology, Sydney, Australia, August 1989
- Outstanding Contribution Award, 19th International Symposium on Fault-Tolerant Computing, June 1989
- Keynote Speaker, International Workshop on Fault-Tolerant Computing, Melbourne, Australia, July, 1985
- Member, Sigma Xi Honor Society, 1980
- CSIRO (Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization), Australia, Postdoctoral Research Award, 1978; five/six awards encompassing mathematics, science, and engineering
- Royal Norwegian Council for Scientific and Industrial Research Fellowship, 1977 (for work at the Norwegian Institute of Technology, Trondheim; ten awards encompassing science and engineering)
- International prize and plaque for a graduate research paper, IEEE Student Paper Contest, 1977 (two prizes awarded internationally)