- Ph.D., Department of Electrical Engineering, Princeton University, 2011
- B.E., Department of Electronic Engineering, Tsinghua University, 2006
- Postdoctoral fellow, Statistics Department, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Sep. 2011 -- Dec. 2012
- Assistant professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Jan. 2013 -- present
- communication and signal processing
- information theory
- high-dimensional statistical inference
Selected Articles in Journals
- Zongming Ma and Yihong Wu, "Computational barriers in minimax submatrix detection," The Annals of Statistics, vol. 43, No. 3, pp. 1089 - 1116 2015.
- Tony T. Cai, Zongming Ma, and Yihong Wu, "Optimal estimation and rank detection for sparse spiked covariance matrices," to appear in Probability Theory and Related Fields, 2014+.
- Tony T. Cai, Zongming Ma and Yihong Wu, "Sparse PCA: Optimal rates and adaptive estimation," Annals of Statistics, vol.41, pp. 3074 -- 3110, 2013.
- Yihong Wu and Sergio Verdú, "Optimal Phase Transitions in Compressed Sensing," IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 58, no. 10, pp. 6241 -- 6263, Jul. 2012.
- Yihong Wu and Sergio VerdÃº, "RÃ©nyi Information Dimension: Fundamental Limits of Almost Lossless Analog Compression," IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 56, no. 8, pp. 3721 -- 3748, Aug. 2010.
- Yury Polyanskiy and Yihong Wu, "Dissipation of information in channels with input constraints", to appear in IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 35--55, Jan 2016.
- Zongming Ma and Yihong Wu, "Volume ratio, sparsity, and minimaxity under unitarily invariant norms", IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 61, no. 12, pp. 6939 - 6956, Dec 2015.
Articles in Conference Proceedings
- Yihong Wu and Sergio Verdú, "The Impact of Constellation Cardinality on Gaussian Channel Capacity," in Forty-Eighth Annual Allerton Conference on Communication, Control, and Computing, Monticello, IL, September 29 -- October 1 2010, (invited).
- Yihong Wu, Shlomo Shamai (Shitz), and Sergio Verdú, "Degrees of Freedom of Interference Channel: a General Formula," in Proceedings of 2011 IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory, Saint Petersburg, Russia, Aug. 2011
- Yihong Wu and Sergio Verdú, "Witsenhausen's Counterexample: a View from Optimal Transport Theory," in Proceedings of 50th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Orlando, FL, Dec. 2011.
- Alexandr Andoni, Huy L. Nguyen, Yury Polyanskiy and Yihong Wu, "Tight lower bound for linear sketches of moments," 40th Internat. Coll. Automata, Languages, and Programming (ICALP-2013), Riga, Latvia, Jul 2013.
- Zongming Ma and Yihong Wu, "Volume ratio, sparsity, and minimaxity under unitarily invariant norms," in Proceedings of 2013 IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory, Istanbul, Turkey, Jul. 2013.
- Wallace Memorial honorific fellowship, Princeton University (2010)
- Best student paper award, IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory (ISIT) (2011)
- Marconi Society Paul Baran Young Scholar Award (2011)
- Simons-Berkeley Research Fellowship (2015)
- List of Teachers Ranked Excellent by their Students, Fall 2014
- ECE 313 - Probability with Engrg Applic
- ECE 563 - Information Theory
- ECE 598 - Information-Theoretic Methods
- MATH 362 - Probability with Engrg Applic